Monday, September 19, 2005

I doubt this is a good thing.

Since I'm driving the Supra to and from school (130 miles round trip), I decided to cahnge the oil in the car for the first time in about 3 years or so. Goes pretty quick really. No real suprises or anything like that. I have noticed a little less oil pressure on the oh so inaccurate guage over the past week or so. Nothing out of the ordinary honestly.

Anyway.. I drain the oil, and it seems to drain rather quickly. More quickly than what I remember it draining. Could just be that I'm used to hte 8 quarts thats in the land cruiser comapred to this 4 and a half. I pull the pan out from under the car, and realize.. there isn't much in here. Not much at all. Hmm. Turns out, I drained 2.25 quarts out of this thing.

Thats problee not a good sign. I wonder if the seals are even working at this point. Its dumping quite a bit of oil at this point. I really need to get on the ball with that new motor.

I also get anywhere from 21 to 23 mpg in this car. Thats all highway driving too. I think it should be so much higher. The new motor will problee yield another 5mpg I bet. I think the best I've even gotten was 28mpg going thru the mountains of western Maryland on my way to a supra meet many years ago.

Back to the MatLab homework. I wanna job.. someone hire me. Heck with school.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay at home moms find job flexibilty with virtual agencies
There's a good piece in the Des Moines Register's Careers section about a topic close to our ... It's the arrangement that the folks at Blogging Baby have with Weblogs, Inc.
I'm just looking around and found you....nice little blog it is too :-).. most of my time goes on my Anti Spyware related site Anti Spyware is my passion...lol

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf is this bullshit?

anyways, I know what you mean by driving. I'm on assignment in Columbus through October. Luckily my mileage is paid, meals and hotel rooms expensed. I was doing 2-3 nights in a hotel but I'm going to up it to 4 unless I can go back to working from home 1 day a week.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boooooring

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home