Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Waiting...

Nothing going on in my life. I guess its the area. Area sucks.. nothing going on. I did receive 2 calls from recruiters today. So I'll return those calls tomorrow. I'm wondering if I should start to fib a bit on my resume. Rather than me getting released.. I quit.. or was RIF'ed. I'm starting to strongly believe that I could pull this off. I give them the number for George, who would be my direct supervisor, and he'll tell the company that they had a reduction in force. I think I could pull this off with ease. I'd just have to count on George to be there should a call arrive. And I konw George would go for it too. Thats the cool part.

My dad brought home this fountain that mom has been wanting for a while. We got it set up and its working well. We ran into a hitch with a GFI outlet on the front of the house. It will not get electricity. The breaker seems to be fine, but the stupid thing just isn't working. Electricity, to me, is magic. So I don't mess with it at all.

Brad and myself are checking out a Reds game this Saturday. I need to check out the hotel stuff so I can find one close to the clubs so we are able to check out the nightlife.

The Unemployment office wants me to come in for some reading comprehension, math, and something else test. Supposed to take 4 hours or something. WTH is that?? Hi. I've got a Batchelor degree from ISU. I'm suuuure I can do the math and reading stuff. Its friggen stupid. I'm sure once I've done with that, I'll be getting calls from people wanting me to do repetitive work on a production line or something foolish like that. I guess I'll just blow them away with my salary requirement. Altho... I4 could be pleasantly suprised by all of this. Maybe I'll land something, there are mulitple jobs for professionals on the DWD website, but no way to apply for said positions. At the very least.. it'll be a grand opportunity to people watch. Maybe I'll take pictures with my phone at the people in this thing with me. It might be fun. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

Oooooh, a post from the future!

It's now 2:19am EDT (or is it EST? I always get them confused) on Tuesday, June 07, yet the timestamp thinger says 1am on Wednesday, June 8. Creepy.

Reminds me of this Foamy (#72, "Yesterday Mail":

http://www.b18c5eg.com/illwillpress/

-Gene

2:21 AM  
Blogger Gene said...

...and you mean GF_C_I...

;)

3:11 AM  
Blogger Gene said...

BTW, are you looking for jobs here in CLT yet? NASCAR's here, you know...maybe you could do something with them, or some team or something...then get me in too...

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home