Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Toys and stuff

Clay got married on saturday. Wedding went well and everything came out okay. I got a little teary eye'd when her Brother was singing and song and sort of broke down. Then when her dad (the preacher) annouced them.. he got choked up.

I got to dance with Clay's mother too. :) She's makes me laugh with her coments. She's a great mother and I appreciate her for raising Clay the way she did.

My toast that I was all worried about went off without a hitch. I did have a little shakey voice during it.. but nothing too bad. Everyone said you couldn't tell.. but I could. Courtney (the maid of honor) had a wonderful toast as she welcomed Clay into "her" family. It was nice and she did a fine job.

I was best man for this.. so I felt I had to be comedy relief. The handing over of the ring had a little Macerana dance move with me checking all my pockets. The toast also had some bits in it. All in all.. a good time.

I've been checking out some old Supra links. Some of you know I'm a car guy and I've been all over the place attending meets for this car. Been doing that since 96 or so. Ive met some great people, and many of those people I've befriended and talk to today about everything else other than car stuff. Thats how I met Gene.

Here are some of the old meets we had. Back when a meet was a meet and 20 cars was a huuuge turnout.

This one was a small meet at Gingerman located in western Michigan. My car is the one with the wheel off. I boiled my brake fluid, and had NO brakes left after this. My car is still not correct from the braking problems I had that day. I need to pressure bleed the system since there is likely air in the ABS actuators.
http://members.aol.com/talbertm/midwest97/midwest.html

I see many people I know in these pictures. DaveM (before his bulking), Mike Kronvold, Jeff Randall, Jim Jobe, the Carlile brothers, James Razor, Matt Talbert, Nick Holden, and Ben Kalika who's page is the 2nd link.
http://members.aol.com/DMTalbert/midwest98/midwest98.htm
http://members.tripod.com/~Supra87T/1998mwt.html

That brings me back. I bet I was about 30 pounds heavier in those pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home